Teeth are part of bodies, and bodies change over time. There is a natural amount of tooth movement that occurs as we age. We use retainers to prevent this unwanted tooth movement, and keep your new smile looking great.
Dr. Phillis works with you to determine the best type of retainer to keep your smile looking great!
Retainers we offer:
- Permanent retainers
- Clear retainers
- Wire (Hawley) retainers
- We also offer complimentary custom sports guards after orthodontic treatment is completed.
Dr. Phillis will review with you how often your retainers should be worn.
- Most often, we recommend wearing your retainers ALL the time, for the first 3 months after we finish orthodontic treatment.
- After that, we recommend “Night-time for a Life-time” to keep your smile looking its best for all your future adventures.
- Clench or grind your teeth at night? Wake-up frequently with headaches?
- Some patients benefit from a nightguard to protect their teeth from wear, and/or help improve TMJ discomfort.
- Nightguards are customized appliances, that are tuned in to the specifications of your teeth and the fit of your bite.
- Dr. Phillis will determine if a nightguard is the most appropriate option for your smile.
- Our nightguards also maintain the alignment of your teeth, just like a retainer!