Dr. Hugh Phillis completed his dental and orthodontic training at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and graduated summa cum laude as well as valedictorian of his dental class in 1980. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics. Dr. Phillis regularly teaches at Tufts Dental School in the orthodontic department as an assistant clinical professor, and has been doing so since 1982.
Dr. Hugh Phillis is from Ohio, and has lived and practiced orthodontics in Nashua, NH for over 40 years. His wife Mary works in adult education. Together they have six children, and two Golden Retrievers. They are both active members of their community, and enjoy skiing, golf, tennis, cooking, and lots of house projects.
Dr. Hugh Phillis is an active member of the following professional organizations and honorary societies:
- American Dental Association
- New Hampshire Dental Society, past trustee
- Greater Nashua Dental Society, past president
- American Association of Orthodontists, trustee representing the Northeastern Society of Orthodontists, 2006-2014
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists, past president
- New Hampshire Association of Orthodontists, past president
- Edward H. Angle Society, Eastern Component – president 2012 and recipient of its Distinguished Service Award 2014
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (orthodontic certifying board)
- American College of Dentists, fellow
- International College of Dentists, fellow
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (National Dental Honor Society)