Early Orthodontic Treatment
Some children benefit from a “Phase 1” or early orthodontic treatment. While some teeth and bite issues can wait, others are important to address at an earlier age.
Dr. Phillis generally recommends early orthodontic treatment when:
- The problem will get worse if we wait
- We can treat the problem better and more efficiently now vs. later
- Growth will not correct the problem
- We are having social/emotional concerns related to our smile
- Not every child needs an early phase of orthodontic treatment!
Common early orthodontic treatments we provide:
- Palate expanders
- Limited braces
- Tooth-moving retainers
- Space maintainers