Orthodontic treatment is often done during teenage years because all permanent teeth are usually in, and growth spurts can aid in correction of bite issues. There is no age requirement for starting orthodontics, but often comprehensive treatment starts around ages 11-15 years old. Adolescents and teens usually have options for the type of orthodontic treatment, including metal braces, clear braces, and clear aligners.
More than straight teeth: We create not only beautiful smiles, but also healthy bites. A healthy, balanced bite sets your teeth up for future dental success.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment:
- Balanced forces across the teeth
- Protection from excessive tooth wear
- Efficiency for chewing and eating
- More easily maintained oral hygiene (better ability to brush and floss)
- Improved smile esthetics and confidence
Adolescent teeth and bite issues we commonly treat:
- Crowding & Spacing
- Bite discrepancies
- Increased overbite/deep bites
- Open bites
- Impacted teeth
- Missing teeth
- Teeth and jaw discrepancies creating facial and profile imbalances